Monday, June 1, 2009

my favorite topic...eating...

It's been almost 10 months since I've moved out here to california.  Hubby and I have found our favorite breakfast joint called Eat at Joe's, it's a family style sitting that looks like a hole in the wall from the outside, but is always packed with lines on the weekends.  We strongly recommend their onion rings, I get them as a side for breakfast every time, it's heaven!!!  And people next to you will literally be jealous watching the plate of heavenly onion rings placed in front of you and them.  Trust me, we've offered them to people and they've actually taken some off our plate AND dipped them in our ketchup so they can try them...it's that good!  Ok enough about onion rings...  We haven't found our local fave sushi joint yet, which is quite disappointing, so the search continues and meanwhile we still go to RA on a regular basis.  We did find a great chinese place called W's china bistro down the street and it is very yummy (their tuna poke and duck is what we get every time we go).

We finally made it to the Stinkin' Rose where all is garlic...enough said!  I had the 40 clove garlic chicken and kept pouring the garlic on my dish if 40 cloves weren't enough.  I tried the garlic ice-cream, couldn't tell whether it was garlic flavored at this point since everything I stuck in my mouth tasted like garlic.  We all had a rough couple of days afterwards....will not elaborate, but all in all it was quite a garlicky experience...yum!

Lastly let me tell you about the mexican food and how addicted I have become to tacos.  It is all things mexican here!  We even had awesome tacos from a man that calls himself the TacoMan, apparently he does weddings, bar mitzvahs, birthday parties, special events, etc.  I would know, I asked for his business card.  He came to Target and stood right outside of the employee entrance with his own grill, cooking away, taco after taco for 300 employees and boy were they good!  There are random taco stands that have tons of people waiting in line when you drive by, it is awesome!  Tacos and beer...perfect combo!

One more thing that trumps the east coast, not that i'm all of a sudden a west coast gal, is the fast food joint In-N-Out.  They have some seriously good burgers and fries and that's all they have on their menu.  This is their menu:  hamburger, cheesburger, double cheeseburger, fries, done!  But for us californians or wanna be californians, there is a hidden secret hush hush menu, that's what I like to call it.  Just order your fries animal style next time and see what you get :)


No comments: